Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Light as Air Peanut Butter



I never really liked peanut butter until I was recovering from my C-section. During recovery I was only allowed a few crackers, peanut butter and small sips of water. I hadn't had any food the whole day, so I devoured the crackers and couldn't get enough peanut butter.

When I came home, I had my husband buy me peanut butter so I could keep indulging in my new obsession. The weird thing was that I still didn't really like peanut butter, but like Proust's madeleine cookies from "In Search of Lost Time," it takes me back to the first days of my baby's life.

I recently discovered Jif Whips, literally fluffy peanut butter and it's amazing! Beyond light as air peanut butter that doesn't stick to your knife while spreading, it also doesn't stick to the roof of your mouth! If I were a peanut butter lover, I think it might even make a good substitute for frosting. Imagine a fluffy cupcake topped with jet puffed peanut butter. Yummmmm. If you have any fondness for peanut butter, you should give this a try and report your findings.

No comments:

Post a Comment