Sunday, March 16, 2014

A Taste of Luxury



Do you like receiving packages in the mail? I love it! A couple years ago my husband paid for a Birchbox subscription for me because he knows how much I love receiving packages in the mail. For $10/month, you get 4-5 high-end beauty samples ranging from makeup, body products, lotion, perfume, hair accessories, nail polish, skincare and a lifestyle extra (candy, breath mints, tea, snacks).

To start your subscription you go to birchbox.com and request an invite. Once you are invited, you fill out a brief questionnaire about yourself and what kind of items you would like to receive. I don't always like the items that arrive in my box, but often discover new products and brands that I would have never tried or bought on my own.

Here is what I received this month:


  • Stila Lip Glaze - 1.5 ml
  • Supergoop!® City Sunscreen Serum
  • Mighty Leaf Tea - Tea Pouches
  • Agave Healing Oil Treatment - 2 oz.
  • Gilchrist & Soames London Collection Body Lotion
  • Ghirardelli Intense Dark Cherry Tango


I really like the lip glaze a lot and am looking forward to trying the sunscreen--great size for my purse. I will also enjoy the teas and my husband or son will have the chocolate.  I'm not sure about the agave oil treatment, but it might turn out to be a great product. The lotion smells fine--I wish it smelled better--and will see how it leaves my skin.

Overall, I'm happy with this box.  Usually they are great to good, but sometimes I only end up liking 1 or 2 things. For $10 it's not too much of a gamble considering you might fall in love with a few things and at the very least, you'll get the excitement of opening your box each month!

No comments:

Post a Comment