Saturday, January 25, 2014

Miracle Balm

You will never guess what I discovered for my chapped lips. Nipple balm. Yes, nipple balm!!! When it comes to makeup, I've never been one to stockpile, but where lip products are concerned, I do tend to have some hoarding tendencies.

I recently gave birth to my daughter and at the hospital I was given a very small tube of Lansinoh HPA Lanolin (1.41 oz - $9.48). Lanolin is just a fancy term for wool grease (yes, like sweater wool). It is supposed to soothe and protect sore, cracked nipples. So I figured it would be great as a Chapstick, right?!  I tried it and immediately fell in love!  It works better than any Chapstick I've ever used before.

Unlike other Chapsticks I've tried, more than just moisturizing my lips, it actually heals them.

Apparently I am not the first person to figure this out. A month later, in my Birch Box (more about that in a future post) I received Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips (0.5 oz - $14.50). It says it's 100% natural. It's great because it has no odor & is a multi-purpose miracle balm for everything from your lips, cuticles, feet, and even your nipples.

In the end, all things equal, since Dr Lipp and regular Lanolin are exactly the same thing, just go to the baby aisle of any grocery store and save yourself a few bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment