Saturday, January 24, 2015

New Year, New Face

Skin care products can either make or break your entire face. Wrinkles, spots, dullness as well as other conditions come with aging, but I would like to minimize and postpone these side effects as long as possible. I believe that taking care of your skin is like an investment in your face–there are short-term benefits now, but the long-term benefits pay off even more as you age. 

My latest find, GlamGlow, is a brand that I'm really enjoying. I find it to be really efficient in delivering on their promise. I first tried a sample of the mud mask from Sephora and saw such immediate results that I went to purchase the blue one called ThirstyMud ($69 from GlamGlow) when my skin became dry and dull in the winter. There are some products that you have to use a long time before you see any benefit, other products make you break out the first time you try them, but ThirtyMud made my skin feel soft and supple after one use with no day-after breakout.



This week I stopped by Sephora in search of a lipstick and instead walked out with a GlamGlow SuperCleanse ($39 from GlamGlow). Even my husband likes this one because it starts out as a mud and then turns into a foam after you add some water. It's like a combination mask and cleanser in one. For years I have been using a Chanel cleanser that costs $45, so this one is not a lot cheaper. But they both last a long time, so the price per use is pretty reasonable. You only need a small amount. 

The SuperCleanse has an herbal/eucalyptus smell and the peppermint makes it feel really refreshing on your skin. I don't feel chemically stripped like after using other cleansers in the past. I also noticed my skin had a nice glow. I will update you later as I continue to use it, but I'm sure it will become a new favorite.

1 comment:

  1. It's great to see that you are blogging again. This is a very helpful review. Do these products smell good? I use nothing but water for my skin care regimen, mostly because I'm lazy but a little because I'm allergic to lots of skin products. If you were to recommend adding just one hypoallergenic product to a non-existant skin care regimen, what would it be?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete